(First thing: Having to register for posting in a support forum is a pain in the butt.)
1) I burned an audio disc from vbr mp3 files. When putting the disc in my cd player i found there were long pauses between the individual tracks. "Long" as in "a couple of minutes". So instead of 40 Minutes it was 71 minutes long. Useless.
2) I tried to burn an audio disc from a different set of vbr mp3 files. The CD should have been about 70 minutes long, which CDBurnerXP showed correctly, but when starting the burning process, i was given an error message (in two languages BTW):
So I wasn't able to burn that CD.