Recently there is a lot of post related to Windows 7 (32/64bit) and drive incompatibilities. If you are impacted by this issue and you are running laptop based on Intel platform, prior to putting name of your device here as the new topic please do following:
- check if latest version of CD Burner XP is installed
- check if you can't see device in all options in CD Burner XP: data, audio, tools (e.g. erase disc)
- if you can't see it only in data mode, check in device manager (go to Win key+E, click RMB on Computer, select Properties, click Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers) and check if your controller is Intel ICHM9M or similar
- if yes then go to this post by eraque and try to apply the fix posted here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7941&start=30#p29562
- this solved a problem for many of others users of this application
If your device is not seen in any of options in CD Burner - you may want to try to apply this fix as well. Then just add name of your drive in above bug post.