Jump to content

YetAnotherDave

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About YetAnotherDave

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Sounds good to me. I had never had any problems with FLAC files until I installed DirectShow.
  2. I think I may have solved the problem! I had the Xiph.org DirectShow filter for FLAC installed - is it possible that this could somehow cause CDBurnerXP to see the FLAC as WAV, and decide it doesn't need converting - but then when it comes to actually burning, have a problem? Sorry if that's a stupid question, audio conversion / rendering is not my area ! I uninstalled the DirectShow filters (which I think I only had installed for the benefit of Windows Media Player), restarted CDBurnerXP, created a new audio disc and added the same files I did previously. This time, they were converted
  3. Actually, I don't think it can be cacheing, because I've just tried some new FLAC files that I definitely have never tried to burn before, and the same thing has happened - apparent "instant conversion", no files/folders within TempRips, and yet the disc burns! Very strange. I'm burning to CD-RW, in case that makes any difference.
  4. Yes, that's the part that doesn't make sense to me. Sometimes folders and files appear in TempRips, sometimes they don't. I've noticed that in the situation when they don't, when the progress bars for conversion from FLAC to WAV appear, they complete almost instantly - as if I had added WAV files instead - and the CD still burns. It's almost as if the converted files were being cached somewhere. I have been trying to burn the same files repeatedly, so I guess it could also be that a disc image is being cached rather than individual files - is that possible?
  5. Thanks for responding floele, and sorry for my own slow response - the reply notification went into my spam folders, I've only just found it. Something I don't understand is happening. If I create an audio CD project, add FLAC (or MP3) files to it, and burn, the TempRips folder is being created within my %temp%, but no files are written to it - yet the CD is stil burned!
  6. I've been using CDBurnerXP for a few years, and generally find it very good. However, if I burn from FLAC files and clear the "A pause for n seconds between all tracks" option to burn gapless, then each track has a sort of "false start" - a fraction of a second from the start of the track, then a brief silence, and then the track starts properly. If I leave the box checked, I can burn from FLAC with no problems, and if I convert to WAV first, I can burn gapless with no problems. I have checked that I have the latest version of the FLAC codec. I reverted to an earlier version of CDBurnerXP,
  7. Thanks floele. I have a bit more information that may help... Here is a test playlist written by another program, with two identical files with different names, one with extended characters, one without. #EXTM3U #EXTINF:0,Koban - Détacher et Déguiser D:\music\Koban\(misc)\wav\Détacher et Déguiser.wav #EXTINF:0,Koban - Détacher et Déguiser D:\music\Koban\(misc)\wav\Detacher et Deguiser.wav CDBurnerXP loads both files correctly. If I then re-save the playlist from CDBurnerXP, here is the result: #EXTM3U #EXTINF:215,Koban - Détacher et Déguiser D:\music\Koban\(misc)\wav\Détacher et
  8. Thank you for the reply, floele. However, I'm not sure that you understand me - the problem is not that the extended characters are missing / changed, but that the entire track is dropped completely from the playlist. That can't be by design, surely? If it is, then in my personal opinion the software should warn you that the playlist can't be completely saved.
  9. To reproduce this bug: Create two identical audio files (in my case these are WAV files). Change the name of one so that it contains extended characters. In my case this is a French filename with two e-acute (é) characters. Add both files to a new compilation in CDBurnerXP, and save the compilation as a (.m3u) playlist. Import the saved playlist back into a new compilation in CDBurnerXP. The file with the extended characters will be missing. The problem is with the saving rather than importing, as if the playlist is created and saved by another application, CDBurnerXP loads it correctly.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.