Jump to content

Pow_2k

Members
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Pow_2k

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Just got this month's update disc, issue has returned. Last 4096 bytes missing in the CDBurnerXP rip when compared to the size of the source CD but came up a match when taken via another ripper. Pattern of bytes at the end of the ISOs are the same. When examined in a hex editor the "data" appears to end at 0x222F8FF0, is then filled with 0x00 until 0x22342FF0 on the CDBurnerXP rip but continues another 4k to 0x22343FF0 in the other ripper's ISO. Still have the original (January) CD that I'm free to ship out for investigation if possible.
  2. I checked with the vendor, they stated there was nothing sensitive on the media or anything in our license that would prevent us from sharing the original physical disc with you. It will be another month until we hit our rotation where the disc would be considered obsolete and be destroyed but instead for this one I could mail it out to a developer if you guys would want to investigate further. Just did our latest updates from the vendor and the most recent discs had no problem. Looks like it is just something with this one disc that threw off CDBurnerXP when ripping the ISO.
  3. OK. I'm doubtful the vendor would be using any copy protection since I believe these are one-off burns with content keyed to our system serial number, but who knows. We'll see what happens with future updates from them. If another one pops up with a problem I'll investigate as I did this one and report my findings. Thanks!
  4. The system where we then attempted to load the ISO image for a product upgrade failed to do so; it detected something invalid about it and wouldn't allow it to be mounted. The image that I later ripped with different software mounted fine. We get these optical disc updates from the vendor once a month for three different products. For a number of months now I've been using CDBurnerXP to create the ISO images we then FTP to the target systems and haven't had any prior issue. It seems there is something about one of the discs this month that CDBurnerXP didn't handle correctly, yet other soft
  5. I tried to first search the forum for this issue but didn't find anything so I'm opening up a bug topic. With CDBurnerXP 4.5.8.6795 on Win10 64 bit I was using the copy/grab a disc option to capture a CD to an ISO. CDXP did so without errors and I transferred it to the system where it was needed. That system would error when attempting to mount the ISO image. I tried capture with a different optical drive as well as a fresh transfer to the target system, still no go. I then tried capture with two different apps. The first was on the same computer and with the same optical
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.