Pudden

Latest version (4.5.6.5844) not running on Windows 10

Have used earlier version (4.5.1.3868) successfully on Win10. Just tried to upgrade to 4.5.6.5844. Although program appears to install but does not run.  During install, I did not accept the optional add-on offered.  Reverted to earlier version, which works fine.  I am running Win10 Home and have McAfee Internet Security installed.  The latter did not interfere with the re-installation of the earlier version, so I don't think it is relevant.

I have looked in FAQ but there seems to be no other posts regarding this matter.

Advice/suggestions welcomed.

Edited by Pudden

Thanks for reply, floele.

I did look at that page after viewing a FAQ similar to my query.  Tried to download the STPD drivers but Firefox keeps crashing whenever I click on "Save". 

I don't understand why, if the earlier version works, the latest one doesn't.  It seems to be a fairly small update to do with display settings.

4.5.1 to 4.5.6 is quite a large gap with multiple burning library updates in between. The recently released version contains another such update. 

If possible, try downloading using a different browser. It may solve your issue, it's worth a try.

Hi floele

I have just downloaded CDBXP 4.5.6.5931 using MS Edge (Firefox continues to crash when I attempt to access your website).  Installed and opened successfully.  Have yet to burn a CD or DVD - will try tomorrow, but, at least, that is some progress!  Thanks for your advice.  Will report here if burning is also successful!