Sign in to follow this  
ron3033

Takes too long to burn audio cd now

Hello

It seems like my CDBurnerXP has slowed down for some reason.  It would normally burn an audio cd in 4 to 7 minutes.  An 18 track took a few seconds shy of 46 Minutes to burn.  A short 12 track christmas music cd took  23 minutes to burn.  They were set at 40x burn speed, 2 second between tracks, using Memorex CD-R 700 MB discs.

Any suggestions why it would now run so slow to burn an audio cd?  It was much faster before?

Thanks 

ron3033

Edited by ron3033

The question is: What has changed? Did you update CDBurnerXP to a more recent version (there was a burning library update recently, so this could be a reason)? Did you add or remove any hardware or updated system drivers?

Hello floele

Sorry for late reply.  I am using version 4.5.5.5666 it worked and I did not get in trouble with some of the glitches others got with updates.  One thing I did discover was DMA settings changed to PIO.  Not being a computer expert I do not know the technical side of it.  I found out here:   http://www.pclicious.com/slow-burning-dvd-drive-how-to-fix-in-4-easy-steps/

Now I did change one back to DMA by deleting and reboot, but I have not had any cd's to burn.  No other hardware or software additions to computer.  Unless the read/write drive is getting wonky.(I do not know how to test that.)

Do you think I should get the latest CDBurnerXP file? (4.5.6.5931)    Also is there any advantage to 64 bit vs. 32 bit ??

Thanks

ron3033

Before I update:

"since the burning library has also been updated"     What does that mean?  Is that the technical aspect of the program?

Also is there any advantage to 64 bit vs. 32 bit ??

Thank You

ron3033