Magic Rat

[C] Gapless (DAO) not so gapless

I imagine there are many threads regarding producing a gapless CD recording. Up until the other day (version 4.5.5.5790) if I want a concert recording to run continuous/gapless, yet with track ID for each individual song, I processed the audio in Adobe Audition, creating markers between songs, saving each song as a "Save Selection As" wav file. Now with, for instance, 13 wav files pulled in order into CDBurnerXP and select gapless, it should create an audio CD that is seamless between songs. Not so this time; I still ended up with a minimal gap/blip between songs. Not acceptable for what I am working on.

I tried the identical procedure using iTunes to burn a gapless recording, and it was perfect. This does not seem like a firmware issue on my equipment, since iTunes reacted as expected.

I have always found CDBurnerXP to be very versatile and user friendly, but this condition won't work. If there's any thoughts on a fix, please pass along. Perhaps your newest version is causing something, I don't recall the version I used when it last burned well.

Hm, I know that the burning library vendor made some changes to the disc at once burning in order to fix CD-Text. I'm sure if I have the right equipment here to detect how well the gapless discs are working. Will ask them if they know anything about such an issue already.

Though I did not quite understand what exactly the issue is, according to StarBurn a new fixed version is going to be released soon. You should probably try this one again.

Updated version finally released today. DAO should work as it did previously now.

One more hint from the StarBurn developer: For a perfect gapless discs, all audio tracks should have a length that is a multiple of a 1/75 second. I might add a check within CDBurnerXP for that case in the future, for now please manually verify the track length if you continue having issues.