Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

No sound after recording

After upgrading to Windows 10, I have had lots of problems recording CDs with CDBurnerXP. Now, for no particular reason it seems, the recorded CD won't play on a CD or automobile player (no sound). The recording process goes well (set to finalize) and the recorded CD plays on the computer fine. I used Media player to record the same music, and the CD plays on all devices. Looking for ideas . . . .

Edited by Jim Robinson
Typo

I only create audio discs. I have recorded dozens of music discs over the past few years--until changing to Windows 10. Now, the program says the disc has been recorded successfully, but when I try to play it, there's nothing there.

I guess you should have a try with the upcoming update of the StarBurnX burning library again, they had to make some adjustments for audio discs anyway. If it still doesn't work then I suppose you could send me a log file for further analysis.

One other possible factor--Malwarebytes quarantined Opencandy and I deleted it. When I started having problems, I uninstalled cdburner and reinstalled it, using the installation without Opencandy. Coincidentally, or not, the "recorded" CD wouldn't play. I uninstalled again, and did the "normal" installation. Everything works fine now--though Malwarbytes still quarantines Opencandy.

Maybe it removed a bit more of CDBurnerXP than just OpenCandy? Hard to tell. In anycase, CDBurnerXP will not place any restrictions on usage when you decline or disable the OC offer screen.

I suppose it removes more than just OC and deletes files which need to be installed in order for CDBurnerXP to work or just disrupts the installer in such a way that it doesn't continue normally. You should probably check the log on that.

Either way: I can't do anything about that.