Tilman

Internal SDK Error from command line tool

On 7.5.2016 at 2:22 PM, Tilman said:

Looking forward to the new version. Do you have an idea when it will be available?

4 hours ago, floele said:

Probably next week. Feel free to try a preview version from https://daily.cdburnerxp.se/4.5/

... also, you can see the full list of the changes flo made to CDBurnerXP (scroll to the bottom), some of them are about to come:

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/development?full

Thanks for the pointers to the preview versions and change log. Let me assure you I am aware of these. But I prefer to wait for a release, and just wanted to know when to expect it so that I can plan a bit ahead. Remember, this is about my father's system, not my own. As it happens, my father is twenty-five years older than myself (I am not exactly young, either) and lives about four hundred kilometers away. Not an environment you want to test preview versions in.

1 hour ago, Tilman said:

Thanks for the pointers to the preview versions and change log. Let me assure you I am aware of these. But I prefer to wait for a release, and just wanted to know when to expect it so that I can plan a bit ahead. Remember, this is about my father's system, not my own. As it happens, my father is twenty-five years older than myself (I am not exactly young, either) and lives about four hundred kilometers away. Not an environment you want to test preview versions in.

Well, as far as I know these so called "preview versions" (and I refer to CDBurnerXP specifically), there are almost no instabilities within them / no unexpected behaviors.

What I want to say is that if floele did change something to fix/improve CDBurneXP, you can be 99% sure it works (no offense Florian, but anyone can make a mistake here and there :)).

Besides, can't you try to reproduce it on your own system with the new build? (try to burn some files in use and see how the command-line responds)

And in any case, you can always use TeamViewer to remotely control your father's PC ;)

If you attest a 99% success rate to me, that is actually quite much for a software developer ;)

But indeed, the preview versions are as good as an official release, they won't blow up your computer. However, 4.5.6 includes an updated burning library, I can't tell if it includes any regressions at this point. If you want to be sure, wait until the official release has been out for a few days, any major issues will be found until then.