gtaus

Burning Error Occured

For some reason, I can only burn one DVD data disc at a time with a session of CDBurnerXP. If I want to burn another disc, I get an error code box "Burning Error Occured" (0x80040255) about 1 minute into the burning process of the second disc. Nothing is actually burned onto the disc and it remains blank. I can completely exit CDBurnerXP, and reload it with a new session, and then burn the DVD data disc.

When I first started using CDBurnerXP, years ago, I could burn DVD after DVD without having to leave the program. So I know it is/was not normal to have to shut down the program after every burned disc. My current setup includes a laptop computer running Windows 10 and using a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D USB Device on G:\ as my main DVD burner. It burns and verifies the DVD without a problem - but just one disc per session.

Any thoughts, comments, appreciated. Thanks.

Is this a timing issue maybe? It could be that your drive is getting too hot and needs some cooldown time before the next burning process.

Thank you for the response, but it has nothing to do with the drive overheating. If I have a session of CDBurnerXP open, and have finished burning a disc even an hour ago, I get the same error message when I try to burn a second disc. This is a consistent problem on all 3 of my laptop computers, all running Windows 10, but I had the same problem with Win7 and Win8. However, when I first started using the program with WinXP, it never had this error, and I could burn disc after disc without having to close out the program between each burning.

CDBurnerXP is a good program, but it used to work so much better for me years ago. Now, I have to close out the program and reopen it after each and every disc I burn.

I have exactly the same problem. Closing cdburner and opening again makes it work. It is NOT a temperature problem. Also tried with at least 4 different DVD burners.

Tested on version 4.5.6.6059 and the error is still there...

Thanks for the 1+ on this issue. Although it might not be a problem for people who only burn a disc every once in awhile, it really slows down my backups when I need to burn 10 or more discs. CDBurnerXP has been my choice for burning backup discs for many years, but having to close down the program and reopen it after every disc has slowed down my task. Something went wrong somewhere in the updates and I'm just trying to raise the flag. Thanks again for bumping this issue back to the top.

On 4/4/2016 at 9:18 PM, gtaus said:

For some reason, I can only burn one DVD data disc at a time with a session of CDBurnerXP. If I want to burn another disc, I get an error code box "Burning Error Occured" (0x80040255) about 1 minute into the burning process of the second disc. Nothing is actually burned onto the disc and it remains blank. I can completely exit CDBurnerXP, and reload it with a new session, and then burn the DVD data disc.

When I first started using CDBurnerXP, years ago, I could burn DVD after DVD without having to leave the program. So I know it is/was not normal to have to shut down the program after every burned disc. My current setup includes a laptop computer running Windows 10 and using a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D USB Device on G:\ as my main DVD burner. It burns and verifies the DVD without a problem - but just one disc per session.

Any thoughts, comments, appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

I was also facing the same problem. But it got resolved as followed floele's advice. Hope your problem gets fixed soon.

Thx!