Hi, 

I'm trying to create an ISO file with the following command line: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -name:Test42 -format:iso -iso:"c:\tmp\aaa\test.iso" -folder[\tmp]:"c:\tmp\hotline"

An error (80004005) occured while executing the command: Une erreur HRESULT E_FAIL a été retournée à partir d'un appel à un composant COM.

Folders c:\tmp\aaa and c:\tmp\hotline exist. 

I can create the ISO without problem with the graphical interface. The script works nicely on a different computer (both running Windows 7). 

I saw the post below where the problem was caused by not adding a DVD drive to the system ; my system does indeed not have a DVD drive. Do I need one to create an ISO file?

Thanks,

Ted

On 10/4/2016 at 0:03 PM, floele said:

This seeems to be an installation issue. Please try using regsvr32 (https://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873) to register the StarBurnX15.dll in the CDBurnerXP application directory, this could solve the issue.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I opened a DOS shell and typed 

regsvr32 StarBurnX15.dll

in the CDBurner installation directory. I got a message confirming that the OLE component has been registered alright. However, I still get the same error with my original cdbxpcmd command line. 

Note that this is a 64 bit system.

It shouldn't make a difference, but did you already try the 64 bit version of CDBurnerXP on your system? Maybe it works for some reason. I do not see any reason why it would fail after registering the DLL.

On 16/4/2016 at 1:41 PM, floele said:

It shouldn't make a difference, but did you already try the 64 bit version of CDBurnerXP on your system? Maybe it works for some reason. I do not see any reason why it would fail after registering the DLL.

Thanks for this new idea... I tried it (uninstalled 32bit version, installed 64bit version, registered DLL again), but I get exactly the same error message indeed. 

On 4/6/2016 at 11:48 AM, ted.reinhard said:

Hi, 

I'm trying to create an ISO file with the following command line: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -name:Test42 -format:iso -iso:"c:\tmp\aaa\test.iso" -folder[\tmp]:"c:\tmp\hotline"

An error (80004005) occured while executing the command: Une erreur HRESULT E_FAIL a été retournée à partir d'un appel à un composant COM.

Folders c:\tmp\aaa and c:\tmp\hotline exist. 

I can create the ISO without problem with the graphical interface. The phenq works http://ohdivinehealth.com/phenq-review/ nicely on a different computer (both running Windows 7). 

I saw the post below where the problem was caused by not adding a DVD drive to the system ; my system does indeed not have a DVD drive. Do I need one to create an ISO file?

Thanks,

Ted

i think you are going to need an external software to make it work. It will not work with default windows apps.