track information lost with burning and mediaplayer doesn't work.

It's been years since the last time I made an audio CD, so maybe I'm forgetting something. Or just doing something wrong.

But I burned an audio CD today for a friends birthday. Before burning it I made sure the files had all the information about title, artist, album etc. And it also showed up in CDBurnerXP.

But after burning I tried playing the CD and it just said Track 1, track 2 etc.

Second problem is that the CD doesn't play at all on Windows Mediaplayer. I thought it was a bad CD, but my CD player played it as a normal CD and so dit my playstation 3. Except that again, the track information was missing.

In order to include track information, you need to enable the "CD-Text" option. Still, in Windows Explorer the files will always only show as "Track 1" etc.

• 5 years later...

I've had the same problem. I did, however, already have the "Enable CD-Text" option selected, and some of the track information—including information as described in the original post here—is still missing. Track names, missing. Album art, also missing. 

Is there some other setting I've been missing somewhere?