Unable to retrieve burned DVD data!!!!!

I downloaded the latest version the other week and copied my download harddrive onto DVD. When I try to use explorer to open the DVD it works very slow. When it finally opens and I try coping files back to the hard drive it has trouble reading them. Giving me read errors. I have a Plextor 712A with the latest firmware installed, and am running XP PRO. The DVD does show the data is there. Pleaaaassssseeeee help. I already deleted my hard drive!! Thanks.

The media was actually created with an NEC drive. Since I wasn't getting any support from them, I sent the drive back and bought the Plextor. I tryed burning a small data disc with the included software Roxio this morning and explorer seems to be seeing it just fine. Fast load up and retrieval.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? If I put a blank DVD in, explorer calls it a CD-Drive, and when I try to access it, it says, "F-Drive inaccessable/incorrect function". I'm not sure if that is what you are asking. I do appreciate the help though, keep it coming, maybe we can figure this out. Thanks.

those guys don't understand anything.....listen to me.....

You burned data on your DVD blank , the data is real slow and can't copy , this means you have a COASTER on the burned disc (C-2 error), while copying at a certain point you'll get DATA RECYCLE REDUNDACY (something like that error).

it's not BURNERXP fault , it's a media fault mostly , the disc you used (example LG / PRINCO etc..) wasn't really 100% compatible with your DVD-Writer and made the error while burning.

u copied a small ROXIO file and burned fine , that's because your Writer calibrated fine on that disc , many times the drive doesn't calibrate correctly or simply goes crazy by room temperature or other stuff and simply make errors on the burned data.

i advice to get a program called CDCHECK and recover your data from the disc with the error, simply put your CD in and choose RECOVER , choose directory where you'll save the RECOVERED data and press start it.

CDCHECK is free and only 1mb download.

hope this helps. 8)