Sign in to follow this  
Tester89

Compilation fails to verify

CDBurnerXP 4.5.6.6059 under Win 10, 64-bit

After severalf tries to burn a data disk with compilations of slightly different sizes, but generally close to the size limit of a 4.7 GB DVD-R, the burning process completes without any hint of a problem, but each time, the verify process fails with a very generic error.

No indication of which file or what issue caused the failure. The latest 'failure' starts with the following information in the status bar:

DVD-R (Empty) | UDF 1.02 with 45 folders and 625 files | Total Estimated Size: 4471.75 MB | Remaining Size: 10.91 MB

Burning happens at 24x, using a Lightscribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/CD-Burner

Vendor: HL-DT-ST
Model: DVDRAM GH24NS72
Firmware: WM01

Fortunately, when I tried again to produce a screenshot for this post, the verification completed successfully for 5 DVDs, meaning I must have run into a bad batch (~ 3 or 4 in a row) at the start of a new spindle of Verbatim blanks.

Still, I decided to post this much because more information on the type of error or at least the file which failed would be very useful

Thank you for a very useful program, just the same

Yes, I agree that more info would be helpful, but unfortunately the burning engine does not currently expose more information about the failed files.