floele

CDBurnerXP 4.5.7

14 posts in this topic

A new version has been released today, including the following changes:

Version 4.5.7.6139

• Command line version now skips files that cannot be read (as the GUI version does) and outputs a warning message
  • Updated to StarBurn 15.6
  • Always convert FLAC files to WAV, preventing the usage of problematic DirectShow filters
  • Added BD XL sizes for disc spanning
  • Adjusted command line version for no-drive usage

Also, I am currently evaluating IronSource as replacement for OpenCandy to reduce the number of complaints about problems with antivirus applications. Currently, for a few selected countries 200 downloads each day are served with IronSource instead of OC. If you encounter an issue with the ad shown during installation, please let me know.

Hi,

It is a Perfekt Job.

I have a LG BD-RE  BH16NS55.

It works just perfekt with Verbatim BD-R 25GB 6x.

I have got 35 MB per second on the second session. I have used UDF 2.60.

I don't like very much, it has an offer in the Installation kit.

Best regards,

George Nistor

BlueRayFirmwareRequested.jpg

BluRayCopy_done_with_CD_Burner_XP_UDF260.jpg

LG_drive___INFO.jpg

You can always download a version of the installer without advertisements if you like. Why are you posting these screenshots?

Hello I have put the screenshot to see the copy speed from my BD drive after I have written with cdburnerxp.

I put also the setup to be seen.

On the cdburnerxp version 4.5.7.6282 and the previous one it is a problem with UDF 2.60.

After creating a second session nothing on the media can be read correctly.

When txt files are opened it shows some chineese text, when exe files are executed can't be done - wrong files - "can't run on this pc".

I have tested the same multi-sesion writing on BD-RE this time on UDF 2.5 and it works fine.

Best regards,

george

Can't reproduce this with BD-R (25 GB). Bought some BD-RE and tried again, but still working fine with UDF 2.6.

it happens only when you write more than one session.

Check all the files by open.

Unbelievable you are not able to test it, all kind of boys they know!

Would you like me to put a screenshot? Because I could put and do a CC to the Police in Stuttgart also. You are not skilled and in the wrong place and I am in the street after working at BOSCH and BMW.

george

I burned a (first) session, then imported, added more files and burned the disc (second session). After that all files are still readable.

Maybe it makes a difference whether or not you close the disc after that? I left the second session open.Or are you actually talking about adding two sessions and having 3 sessions in the end?

Hello,

Ok MAN, I have explain you in the HUMAN way to check all the files by open.

I am sending you to the Polizei von Stuttgart and Federal Bureau of Investigation

stuttgart.pp@polizei.bwl.de

Check there please the reference.

Best regards,

George Nistor

I *love* your program.  It is simply wonderful, simple, elegant and useful.

The problem is garbage like Open Candy and IronSource.  These things cause incalculable wastes of time and problems, especially for novice users.  I can not and will not ever recommend a program/app which is associated with distribution of browser search bars, adware, ransomware (in effect), and misleading trash like those addon programs.  Sure, I can get around the obstacles but I shouldn't have to.  IronSource's only true purpose is to place unwanted and hard to remove (and potentially hazardous) junk on someone's computer without their complete understanding of what it is doing.  See for example:    

http://www.benedelman.org/news/021815-1.html

The obvious answer is to provide two clearly delineated downloads.  The first with the addon program, if you must, including a very clear explanation of all the problems it can cause and a careful step by step set of instructions on how to bypass it.  The second, a download requiring a modest payment via PayPal or even a donation if you prefer but without the poop.

In any case, use of software which installs unknown and poorly defined addons to the end user's computer is unconscionable.  You should stop doing it immediately.  It detracts greatly from your otherwise excellent software.  It has caused me to search for a substitute because until you rid yourself of these scourges, I simply don't trust you.  Use of Open Candy and IronSource is a horrible, despicable business model.   It seems Open Candy has finally been stopped and is out of business and I can only hope the scammer-helpers at IronSource will soon follow.

M. Y.

Edited to add: OK, I see one can download a version without IronSource.  That's fine but it's not properly advertised...  you have to read the FAQ and it's buried deep inside those.  It should be at least in the EULA.  Better yet, the clean version should be the default.  And I say again, many end users including me, would be delighted to pay a moderate fee, say $25, for a copy or we'd be happy to make PayPal donations.  Why don't you do that?

That's fine but it's not properly advertised

It's on the download page, not too hard to find. Why should I advertise it though? I could put it inside the EULA, you are right. No one reads it anyway.

for a copy or we'd be happy to make PayPal donations.

Yeah, I'm sorry to disappoint, I already tried that. Sure, there are many generous people (like you probably) who donate without any requirement to do so. However, the income is nowhere near the revenue IronSource (or OpenCandy) provides. At best, I can keep the web server alive with the money donations provide. But that's not really a great incentive.

i clicked on CDBurnerXP,  then Audio disk and I got this message System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IConnectionPoint.Advise(Object pUnkSink, Int32& pdwCookie)
   at RocketDivision.StarBurnX.IGrabberEvents_EventProvider.add_OnProgress(IGrabberEvents_OnProgressEventHandler )
   at RocketDivision.StarBurnX.GrabberClass.add_OnProgress(IGrabberEvents_OnProgressEventHandler )
   at CDBurnerXP.Burning.Grabber..ctor()
   at CDBurnerXP_Pro.frmCDDVDCopy..ctor()

On 21/8/2016 at 9:45 PM, maryyugo said:

I *love* your program.  It is simply wonderful, simple, elegant and useful.

The problem is garbage like Open Candy and IronSource.

Edited to add: OK, I see one can download a version without IronSource.  That's fine but it's not properly advertised...  you have to read the FAQ and it's buried deep inside those.  It should be at least in the EULA.  Better yet, the clean version should be the default.  And I say again, many end users including me, would be delighted to pay a moderate fee, say $25, for a copy or we'd be happy to make PayPal donations.  Why don't you do that?

Software is provided free of charge..unfortunately neither our time, High availability DNS service nor the 2/3 servers that run this show pay themselves from thin air.