andyz99

CdburnerXP will not start - but sits as a process!

Hello - I have been using CD Burner XP for many years without any issues, however just recently I have had a problem with the program not starting. It appears in Taskmanager as a process, but it cannot be ended. The PC has to be rebooted. The program can be rebooted - but only has a hard reset (pressing the reset button) - not ideal. There are no other issues with any other programs and the PC is clean. When CDBurner is removed the PC reboots normally without issue. I have tried a clean install 3 times - each time cleaning the registry of all references of CDBurner and within the User profiles. I have tried running it as admin also.

I am running a win 10 x64 machine

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Andy

See also:

All of you having Win 10 x64 is interesting, but I am in fact using the same OS myself and don't have problems.

Are you using the 64 bit version of CDBurnerXP or 32 bit though?

Sorry, been busy, forgot about this post, didn't receive notification of your request.

AMD board, Win 10 Pro 64, custom build.

Tried a second new dvd drive, still same problem.

Samsung DVD SH-224

Asus DRW-24B1ST

Attached log file, hope it helps.

Using latest build of CDBurnerXP, downloaded 9/30/2016 64 bit version

32 bit version also fails.

FYI: Burn Aware Free works fine.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need anything else.

StarBurn.log

Well, what do you know. It's the same sort of problem I once tried to explain earlier and the problem is still not fixed for some strange reason. Still using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

StarBurn got all information, we'll see if they can come up with a fix. They might have to get the actual devices for reproducing the issue.

Could also be the SATA controller / drivers / mainboard, hard to tell usually.

Maybe you can send me a new log file for these drives? I will forward it to StarBurn then so they have more data to work with. Please also post your mainboard model.