Sign in to follow this  
NiffNorb

Adding tracks to audio image now occurs for each CD burned

NiffNorb   

Somewhere between version 4.5.2.4478 and 4.5.7.6389, CDBurnerXP lost the ability to reuse the audio image.  That is, when burning multiple audio CDs from MP3 files, the “Adding tracks to audio image” step (conversion from MP3 to whatever) occurred only once in the old (good) version regardless of how many CDs were burned.  Now, in the new (bad) version, the process occurs each time an identical CD is burned, which is a complete waste of time.  Please restore the previous correct behavior so that I can use the current version.  I hate it when features are lost.  At the very least, could you let me know which version introduced this problem so that I can get the last good version?  (Readers, Y’all know that FileHippo.com is where you can find those older, better versions, right?)

floele   

Still works fine for me in the latest version. However, a change made was actually made there. Previously, some file types might have been processed a bit faster, due to issues with DirectShow filters CDBurnerXP does all processing on its own now and might be a bit slower because of that.

If you can reproduce the issue please tell me the file type you use, as well as settings (CD-Text enabled, replay gan procesing, track pause settings).

NiffNorb   

I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner.  I did not realize you had replied. 

Today I once again needed to make multiple audio CDs from .mp3 files.  Seeing there was a new version available, I installed version 4.5.7.6499 and had the same problem.  That is, I added 13 .mp3 files to the compilation, clicked Burn, set the number of copies, clicked the Burn Disk button, watched as the 13 tracks were added to the audio image, observed the first CD get burned, replaced the burned CD with a blank and watched as, once again, unnecessarily, the 13 tracks were added to the audio image, ...

MP3 files.  All settings are default.  There is no difficulty reproducing the problem.  It happens every time.

floele   

OK, I found a situation where this issue might occur. Please verify that the issue is fixed with the next version.