Sign in to follow this  
new kid

Burning in Mode 2, Form 1 from a Mode 1 file

Hi all - new kid here,

Not computer savy so please bear with me

Have CDBurnerXP PRO programme loaded on computer.

I have an original vehicle navigation CD ROM disc that is recorded in Mode 1 & is also loaded to my HDrive of which I have previously burnt copies from with nero express also in Mode 1 format (successfully)

I now need to burn a version of the same disc in Mode 2, Form 1 format to suit some earlier vehicle navigation units. (nero express wont do Mode 2)

I had a go with CDBurnerXP Pro & although it did burn in Mode 2 (from my H/Drive Mode 1) - it wouldn't play in my car (which will read both Mode 1 & 2 formats). When looking in the files on the disc - it only shows 1 file - which says: "NAV_CD_NRG" & also "nero disc image", along with the file size. This is the same wording info as the file that is stored in "My Documents" Presumably as nero is what it default opens with??

On a correctly burnt disc it will have 5 files - being: Abstract, carindb, copyrigh, BIBLIOGR, & CARINET. I guess this might be the problem but dont know a way to fix.

Can I get a detailed step by step approach as to how to get info from the H/Drive file in "My Documents" to burn correctly in Mode 2 format with CDBurnerXP PRO

As I said - I am not very computer savy so would much appreciate help here.

Cheers

Guest viti21326@comcast.net

when i try to load mp3 the cd burner xp tells me the media is to big???????

Did you try to burn an NRG-file to disc? Or what is the originating data?

Hi,

Not sure on that - excuse my ignorance but what does NRG stand for? Not sure on originating data either but it is obviously mapping data & on CDROM.- Does that explain?? File is only 81000KB in size.

I originally used nero to load from original disc to H/Drive & have since used nero to burn from H/Drive for the same Mode 1 copies.

I just tried to use the same file on H/Drive (Nav CD nrg) to burn the mode 2 copy with CDBurnerXP. Is this the right way to do it? Or does the file on H/Drive somehow have to be altered first?

Thanks

NRG is some kind of Nero image format. If this file contains your data, you cannot burn it directly, instead you'll have to convert it to ISO first and then burn this resulting file as ISO image (not directly to disc). CDBXP supports the conversion, but it might not always work properly.

Hi again,

Just checked the file on H/Drive & under file description is "Nero disc image"

Are you saying I need to load an ISO (what does this stand for?) version file of the original disc to my H/Drive as well then burn a Mode 2 of that with CDBXP?

Assumming so - are you able to give me a process of doing - can I use CDBXP to load the disc to H/Drive? if not what?

Thanks for the support

Grant

An ISO file is an image of a disc's contents. CDBurnerXP can extract those and burn the contents to disc. Check the helpfile for some more information ;)

Flo,

Thanks a bunch, Converted to ISO, burnt mode 2 copy & it works in my car.

Now just need to confirm it works in the target car - shouldnt be a problem - will confirm here when I know.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated

Grant

Hi all,

Back again, have just again tried burning a disc in this Mode 2 format (5 discs infact) & they appear to burn & verify OK but the nav unit in my car wont read them -it normally will read both Mode 1 (original disc that I have & copies made in that format) or Mode 2 copies - which I had previously sussed & confirmed successfull earlier in this thread.

Using TDK CD-R80 discs, tried different burn speeds, using a Nav CD.ISO file 80832.15 KB in size (as previous) going through: disc, write disc..., selecing mode 2XA, verify, finalise, use buffer protection (non bootable is preselected) & then write.

As said - all appears to happen but car wont read disc - can someone verify what I am doing wrong now?

Cant remember exactly what I did last time to do it successfully & still not much more computer savy either

Help much appreciated

Thanks