normann

A few bugs/annoyances

normann   

Hello. I've been using CDBurnerXP for about a year now, and I'm quite happy. There is a couple of things that annoy me, though, and they don't seem to get fixed in the new versions that have been released yet, so I'll post them here.

First, when I choose to make a data disc, the explorer-like view is opened. For some reason, not all my drives are shown under "Denne pc" ("My computer", see picture 1) in the left pane, I have to click this item to see the rest of my drives in the right pane (which is also shown in this picture). Why not just show all drives available in the left pane by default? It'll save some time and it will make it less confusing for new users to find the data they want to burn.

Secondly, when I burn a BD, the "Burn disc" dialog preselects burn speed "10x (44.950 KB/s)". When I click "burn disc", I'm told that the selected speed is not supported and asks me if I want to burn at the highest speed available (see picture 2). If I choose "Ja" (yes), the disc is burned at............. 10x speed (see picture 3). That doesn't make sense to me.

I hope you'll fix these annoyances.

BTW - I'm using version 4.5.7.6389 and my writer is LiteOn iHBS112.

Best wishes,
Jan

1.png

2.png

3.png

floele   

I'll make the behaviour in 1) optional for the next version of CDBurnerXP, I believe the number of users needing this isn't high enough to justify enforcing it.

In regard to 2) I think this is either an issue with your drive or StarBurn. Please send me a log file (see https://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18) so StarBurn can check why the selected speed is not considered to be supported.