Sign in to follow this  
floele

CDBurnerXP Pro for DVD viewable JPGs

Hello, I'm a newbie (be gentle). [;)]

Can someone help?

I have a stack of JPGs, a CD RW burner, a Pioneer DV535 DVD player and some RW CDs. Basically I want to burn a slideshow or just a stack of stills onto the CD to view on my DVD player. The software I can use to burn is CD BurnerXP Pro or Nero. Either one lets me burn a data dics of JPGs (apparently my DVD player can view these as well as VCD/SVCD/MPEG1). And I burned one last night with CDBurnerXP Pro, without final write optioned, and the player played the DVD but all I saw was a blue screen and the counter going up to 7 or 8 minutes (one sec for each JPG? There are 488). One title, one chapter only. Should I have optioned the final write?

CD BurnerXP Pro also allows ISO burns (whatever that is), would that do what I want? Other than that it does music burns and rips.

Nero does permit movie or image storage. But seems to only permit mpg files (although can chose VCD/SVCD/MPEG1/MPEG2 etc) and ONE NRG type file (I think). So should I be trying to create a slideshow in MPG format or just a collection of JPG? And how?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dani

[8D]

quote:
Originally posted by dani

I have a stack of JPGs, a CD RW burner, a Pioneer DV535 DVD player and some RW CDs. Basically I want to burn a slideshow or just a stack of stills onto the CD to view on my DVD player. The software I can use to burn is CD BurnerXP Pro or Nero. Either one lets me burn a data dics of JPGs (apparently my DVD player can view these as well as VCD/SVCD/MPEG1). And I burned one last night with CDBurnerXP Pro, without final write optioned, and the player played the DVD but all I saw was a blue screen and the counter going up to 7 or 8 minutes (one sec for each JPG? There are 488). One title, one chapter only. Should I have optioned the final write?

id="quote">

id="quote">

I don't think so, but you can try. Does it work if you burn the same files with nero (as data-CD)?

quote:

CD BurnerXP Pro also allows ISO burns (whatever that is), would that do what I want? Other than that it does music burns and rips.

id="quote">

id="quote">

ISOs are images of a CD, all files of a CD can be stored as one file (like a zip file), this is called ISO. With the ISO-file you can burn the full CD again. It won't help you I think - only if you have a program that can make slideshow-ISOs for DVD player.

Music is for audio CDs and ripping is to save audio-tracks to harddisc.

quote:

Nero does permit movie or image storage. But seems to only permit mpg files (although can chose VCD/SVCD/MPEG1/MPEG2 etc) and ONE NRG type file (I think). So should I be trying to create a slideshow in MPG format or just a collection of JPG? And how?

id="quote">

id="quote">

With nero just make a data-cd (if there is no special image-cd option), then it won't permit anything.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.