Sign in to follow this  
appoul`

Problem with "Copy or grab disc"

appoul`   

I've been trying to copy discs both to other discs and the Hard drive; however, the whole process only lasts a few seconds: while the status is "extracting from drive" the remaining time appaears to be less than 1 minute (see attached Screenshot 1)  and when the process is completed in 11 seconds (see attached screenshot 2), the disc is obviously not copied.

This happens with both the laptop's built-in dvd drive and two external dvd-drives that I've tried.

I have tried to uninstall the software and re-install it and the newly installed software worked fine for a couple of weeks. However, today the same thing happened and although I re-installed the software, the problem remains. Do you possibly have any suggestions? I am using Windows 10. Thank you in advance!

screenshot 1.pngscreenshot 2.png

Edited by appoul`
wrong order of images

floele   

Might depend on what kind of discs you try to copy. CDBurnerXP doesn't try to work around copy protection so you might not be able to copy a disc at all.

appoul`   
On 6/6/2017 at 11:18 PM, floele said:

Might depend on what kind of discs you try to copy. CDBurnerXP doesn't try to work around copy protection so you might not be able to copy a disc at all.

Thanks for the answer. But unfortunately, no, I am not trying to copy "protected" discs. Only CDs/DVDs I have created myself.

appoul`   

They are either DVD-R discs with VOB files that I have recorded on DVD recorders (eg. Sony) or data discs that I have previously created on my PC.

floele   

It may be that the file system used in these cases is incompatible with CDBurnerXP. Though it should at least work if you burned the disc with CDBurnerXP. If you used a different burning application, there might be issues.