Sign in to follow this  
schmeffn

Virus/Malware detected!

One of your installers (4.5.7.6623_x64) was incorrectly detected as malware, I have submitted it to my antivirus vendor to have the detection corrected to a PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application). While I was at it, I have also submitted the other installers to be detected / not detected properly (per their individual nature).

I would suggest that everyone else do the same for their antivirus (I didn't have time to contact the other ~5 "decent" AVs), that way you can disable detection for just installCore ad/junkware (if you wanted to for some reason) rather than disabling detection of (many) generic trojans. (this will need repeated for each version update)

If you don't have any time to waste (cleaning your computer or talking to your AV vendor) I suggest you download the minimal version.

Also, Is it true that the update feature (enabled by default?) in the minimal version downloads the NON-minimal version when updating?

18 hours ago, schmeffn said:

downloads the NON-minimal version when updating?

CDBurnerXP doesn't know which version is installed. However, it will always download the minimal version because no ads will be shown during upgrade anyway.

8 hours ago, floele said:

CDBurnerXP doesn't know which version is installed. However, it will always download the minimal version because no ads will be shown during upgrade anyway.

Nice to know, thanks! I may have been going on some old information it seems.

Is there a command line option during the install, or a registry entry after the install to disable the (auto)update (checking)function?

I downloaded CDBurner XP Pro 4 today and Symantec is still flagging it as a virus. I've submitted it and added it as an exception but after it starts to install it gets flagged again and will not install. Any other way around this?

cdbxp_setup_4.5.7.6623.exe

Thanks,

Jessica

3 hours ago, Jessicasdd said:

I downloaded CDBurner XP Pro 4 today and Symantec is still flagging it as a virus. I've submitted it and added it as an exception but after it starts to install it gets flagged again and will not install. Any other way around this?

cdbxp_setup_4.5.7.6623.exe

Thanks,

Jessica

Wait, I've never heard of a "Pro" version. Where did you download it from? Can you post the detection / log?