Sign in to follow this  
sapphire125

Application Error

Hi,

I have a problem with CDBurnerXP its a great program but just this last 2 days I am getting a message "the application failed to initialize properly (0x000007b) Click OK to terminate the application" then you click okay and the whole program closes.

Anyone got any ideas whats going on here I have tried to reinstall both the program and .net framework 3.5 but nothing seems to help.

Donald

Guest jovanp
Maybe you could try to install the latest version then? Also, you can try to use a .NET removal tool (http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/ ... 06671.aspx) and then reinstall the latest version - either 2.0 SP2 or 3.5 SP1 - from scratch. I'm pretty sure that something is wrong with your system setup, but it's hard to tell what.

I have the same problem. I had installed the previous version which worked find but a few days ago I start getting the same message: “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click OK to terminate application”. I uninstalled CDburnerXP and reinstalled the newest version (4.2.4.1351.exe) several times but I am still getting the same message. I cannot get the program to run. The OS is: Vista Home Premium.

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks,

Jovan

... reinstall the latest version - either 2.0 SP2 or 3.5 SP1 - from scratch. I'm pretty sure that something is wrong with your system setup ...

Indeed. Clean re-install from scratch of .NET through 3.5 sp1 plus MS Updates afterwards fixed that problem for me.

BUT I still get failures reading some .mp3 files while creating Audio disks. This problem has been persistent for the last year at least. It's the reason I stopped using CDBurnerXP. I still have no problems using ImgBurn, but really don't like that interface.

I wish there were a solution finally for this strange problem ...