Sign in to follow this  
Guest sbmd

Burn ubuntu ppc iso on windows?

Guest sbmd

What settings should i use to burn a MAC ppc .iso on my XP machine so it will boot in my iMAC G3? I am having some problems getting the machine to even initialize the cd after it has been burnt. Thankx for your help in advance.

Hi, I just burned a stack of CDs for Linux installs. What worked for me was I selected the file menu then I think it was something like burn iso image file to CD. Note - I do not have CDburner on this computer so I can't double check but I remember there were two menu items that looked about the same. If you select the correct one a box should pop up and you should be able to select the .iso file you want to burn by clicking on a tiny box on the right side with a couple of .. in it. I just used the default settings and they booted fine for me.

Note - the .iso must be burned as an image and not a file. If you copy it as a file it will not boot. I also found this confusing.

I hope this helps, DC