Sign in to follow this  
ron3033

questions, please need advice Thanks

I have been using CDBurnerXp for some time and like it very muchThank You!

I am using Version 4.5.5.5666 on my Windows XP computer.  I figured it works fine 99% of the time (albeit a few CD coasters made) so why update it?  Any benefits?

1)  Can the  newest version 4.5.8.6795 go on to my Windows XP computer?   Or should I add it to my Windows 10 computer?  Is there any benefit of upgrade of versions?  Is there any benefit to whether it is on Win XP or Win 10?

2)  Is it best to install updates that are   Default installer (Without installCore)?   As adds additional third party applications that may be unwanted by the user. (like open candy does)

3) What am I missing, when DVD I made play on computer, but not home DVD player.... something about ISO9660/UDF/Joliet. ??

Thank You

ron3033

Jan 11, 2018

You can check the changes between versions here: https://cdburnerxp.se/en/development

XP is still supported. You don't have to update if it is working fine for you.

You can use either installer, you don't have to agree installing 3rd party apps. Easiest is using the auto-updating feature.

You can try different file systems for compatibility reasons, yes. Most likely your home DVD player needs UDF.