jols

Copy Disc (Data DVD) fails (like the DVD has been finalized during the burning ?)

Hello,

I wasn't sure to post, but i thought it might be a good idea if by any chance there is a bug (as CDBunerXP is great, thanks for the good work !)

So, i have had twice a fail (2/2 actually) while using the option "copy disc" on a DVD with datas (source DVD is already a burnt DVD).

The burning process failed the 2 times at the same point it seems as i only got the same partial data on the target DVD in the end, twice.

It seems it is failing stating that the DVD is finalized and that it can't burn data anymore.

I am quite sure i did uncheck the "finalize disc" option before burning.

Not sure if there are several sessions on the source DVD (as it is a burnt DVD)... maybe ?

To me, it looks like the burning process is somehow finalizing the disc during the burning process, and before having burnt all the data, and then it can't burn anything anymore (hence the partial data i have at the end on the failed DVD).

Dunno if this helps and if it's a bug, or a problem on my side (?)

Thanks.

Hello,

Ok i think i've understood what went wrong.

It seems that the "copy or grab disc" option is unable to copy or grab disc that have multiple sessions on them.

Only the first session will be copied/grabbed, which is quite "unfortunate" as it results in a copied disc that is just a part of the source disc... shouldn't all the sessions (the whole disc) be copied/grabbed ?

Another problem is that this option "copy or grab disc", in some circumstances, won't let you know beforehand that it will only copy the first session of the source disc only :

- If you use "copy or grab disc" to copy from burner to burner, it seems you don't get any warning message... the copy will just "fail" at some point (after the first session is copied i guess) and the error message won't be very explicit (see my OP)...

- If you use "copy or grab disc" to grab a disc to an image on the HD, then you get the explicit message beforehand that only the first session of the source disc will be grabbed.  Even if still unfortunate, it is explicit and finally let me know what was wrong.

So, if CD-Burner is still unable to copy and grab multi-sessions discs, maybe the warning message should be displayed beforehand in all situations ?

Thanks.