ron3033

Without install core? & 32 or 64 bit?? ??

Hello All

I have used CDBurnerXP on my old windows xp computer.  Never did upgrades because it worked fine.(version 4.5.5.5666) 

Bought a new desktop, soon to be delivered ............ so 2 questions please.

1. Does  "Default installer(Without installCore)" mean it it is CDBurnerXP     WITHOUT    Open Candy adware?   (seemed to me before it said no open candy, which was straight forward.)

2. Does it make a difference as to whether you install 32 bit or 64 bit?  new computer is 64 bit (I believe)?  Could someone enlighten me? 

Does 64 bit work better on 64 bit machine, than 32 bit on 64 bit machine?

Thank You

ron3033

cdxp.jpg

1. OpenCandy has been discontinued and replaced with installCore, so you won't find it in any installer.

2. To this date, I am not aware of any notable benefits of using the 64 bit version. You can use either version.

Hello floele and best of the Season to You!

Thank You

There is a Default Installer and a Default Installer without InstallCore ............. so does that suggest that InstallCore has taken the place of Open Candy?

What exactly is InstallCore?  What is its' function?  Or is it the same trouble Open Candy causes, just by a different name?

Thanks

ron3033

animated Christmas with lights and presents

Thank You floele, I appreciate the info.  I was told by a computer engineer that open candy was as good as malware in his view.  Again his take.

Best of the season to you

Merry Christmas glitter