Sign in to follow this  
TomV

ISO image of DVD

Hello,

I've downloaded an ISO image of Fedora Core 2 DVD, stored it on NTFS patition (size 4.1GB) and I'd like to burn it. When I try to burn an ISO image, the burning process ends almost immediately announcing success. I think this is obvious mistake of a program, since the media remains empty. My computer runs WinXP Home SP2, 384MB RAM, burner Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-1633S. A picture of the dialog box after my ttempt is included Can you help me? Thank you.

Tomas Valusek

Guest kain

I got the same problem with another iso...

the error message is:

Writing error: (3)

Error Closing DVD-r RZONE error trying to write past the end of the media (1021)

error sense ....

sense key: 5

asc: 21

ascq: 0

some one could plese help me?? :(

by

kain

p.s: sorry for my bad english

mmhh I haven''t any idea.... is the first time quit this problem.. all other iso and files was burned without anyproblem... strange...

it's refered to TomV's word ( Hello, I've downloaded an ISO image ) not to me.

Sorry 4 my bad Enghlish^^''''''''''' :cry:

mmh Well!

I have burned the cd... the problem is in the cdbxp pro....

I explain..

After 10 tests.. i get a litle idea.. I have used winrar to extract the files ( from the iso ) after this I have burned the cd....

my opinion.... there is something wrong with "burn iso image" :\

tnx for your attention

I've got the same problem. I've used the drive (NEC DVD RW ND-3500AG in an external USB 2 case) fine to backup data using CDBXP, latest version, but when I try to burn an ISO (created using DVD Shrink) I get a "Writing is successfully completed, at speed 6.1x - 8280 kB/s. Total time for operation (hh:mm:ss):08:38:50".

Looking at the details of the events shows the same time (to the second) for

• Preparing to write disc at 6.1x - 8280 kB/s
    Writing process started at 6.1x - 8280 kB/s
    Closing track
    Closing session
    Writing process sucessfully completed at 6.1x - 8280 kB/s

Even if there is a problem with the drive a complete message doesn't sound right, surely it should throw an error of some sort.

I've just burned the files to the DVD by mounting the ISO file and burning the files rather than the ISO and that works perfectly and the disc plays.

This would lead me to believe that the problem is with the software rather than an incompatible drive or problem with the ISO file.

Guest jhansonxi

I encountered the same problem with 3.0.116 on XP (SP1) with a Samsung TS-H542 using Mandrake Linux 10.1 DVD ISO (Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-DVD.i586.iso). Write process completes instantly but no data written. There was some writing to the disc but I think it was just closing the session.

I've seen this problem too, but I'm fairly sure it's a problem with my drive (NEC1300A). Nothing will burn an ISO image to DVD-R - mostly I get coasters. CDBXPP doesn't produce any errors, but at least it doesn't write anything to the disk.

Ian G.