bko722

Program rejects songs for burning to disc:

I have not encountered the following problem with CDBurnerXP previously. You published an update since the last time I used it in the Summer of 2018, when it did not have this problem. Now, (November 2018) when I choose to create an audio disc and then scroll down through my music library on my hard drive to add files, when I click on "Burn" and the program starts preparing each track to burn to disc, it will stop at a seemingly random point down the list of songs and state that it cannot burn the remaining songs to disc. I went into your troubleshooting pages and the closest thing I could find is when trying to burn variable bit rate (VBR) tracks to disc, according to you, the program cannot compute how many songs will fit on a disc because it doesn't know how many might be fixed rate and how many might be variable. This was on a troubleshooting page from 2008 (??). NONE of the tracks downloaded to my PC are VBR tracks. They are either mp3 or wma tracks, and I rip CDs to my hard drive using Windows Media Audio Lossless format to get every bit of data off the CD, which makes the file size and kbps larger, but not variable. Each track has a fixed bit rate, no matter what. I even created a new list to burn to disc that included the tracks previously rejected by CDBurnerXP and, the next time, the program burned those tracks to disc, demonstrating that it's not my tracks, but your software, that has bugs. The ONLY fix I've been able to find so far is to go to your website and redownload the program each time this error occurs, even if I have the latest version. However, even when I do that, after 3 or maybe 4 discs are burned, CDBurnerXP goes back to rejecting tracks within my selected compilation. If I keep trying with new selections without reinstalling CDBurnerXP yet again, it then rejects ALL of the tracks and refuses to burn anything to disc. I can only guess that reinstalling the software clears out some cache of data stored somewhere that somehow interprets previously-burned tracks as VBR ones, so it tells the software to start rejecting new tracks when the "Burn" button is clicked on and the software goes to start preparing songs for burning, BEFORE it gets to actually burning the disc. Please publish an update to CDBurnerXP that eradicates this problem. Thank you.