Sign in to follow this  
ADougRay

Error whiles sending error report

A few times now I've got the attached message.  I generally communicate via Ethernet cable, not WiFi.  I'm on the Internet so I DO have communication capability.  It would not surprise me that this had more to do with a Windows 10 update, as I apply updates when they come, but I don't KNOW that.  In any case, you see what I see.  There is probably a debug file somewhere that I could e-mail if I knew where the file was and your e-mail address.

Thanks for any help you can give.   Doug Ray

Screenshot 2019-01-09 15.40.09.png

4 hours ago, ADougRay said:

A few times now I've got the attached message.  I generally communicate via Ethernet cable, not WiFi.  I'm on the Internet so I DO have communication capability.  It would not surprise me that this had more to do with a Windows 10 update, as I apply updates when they come, but I don't KNOW that.  In any case, you see what I see.  There is probably a debug file somewhere that I could e-mail if I knew where the file was and your e-mail address.

Thanks for any help you can give.   Doug Ray

Screenshot 2019-01-09 15.40.09.png

Interesting.. just wondering.. do you have any special SSL/TLS configuration on your system ? peraphs TLS 1.2 was disabled by mistake or purposefully by policy? Our systems no longer support TLS < 1.2 and that may be the reason it is failing.  

Please ensure all your installed .NET versions support and have enabled strong crypto, Some versions do not.

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NetFramework\v4.0.30319' -Name 'SchUseStrongCrypto' -Value '1' -Type DWord
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NetFramework\v4.0.30319' -Name 'SchUseStrongCrypto' -Value '1' -Type DWord 

In an elevated powershell, reboot.