Sign in to follow this  
TomV

ISO images of DVD

I've posted this into general discussion, but now I can confirm that this is a bug of CDBXP 3.0.115. I was unable to write a Fedora Core 2 DVD ISO image using my LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S on WinXP Home SP2. Another CD burning software (DeppBurner) worked fine and the resulting media passed a media check that Fedora Installer performs.

Best Regards

Tomas Valusek

Guest ozymandias

have the same problem with iso's made through dvd-shrink. I have a medion writer (made by pioneer; model DVR-106D but with other firmware). Before I converted it to a pioneer (firmware v1.08 + RPC1) drive, the program just crashed. Now it initiates and finishes but iso is not written

Guest ash

I too have seen .iso problems in version 3.0.116 - using a Samsung DVD drive to burn .iso files created using DVDShrink. However, I do not believe it is a problem with the .iso or DVDShrink since Nero is easily able to burn the files...

Its a shame that this problem has arisen because in all other respects CDBurnerXP Pro is excellent I really didn't want to go back to Nero.

Guest BryanP

I tried to burn a DVD ISO this morning with .113 and it wouldn't even start the burn process. Updated to .116 and received the same error. I successfully burned the ISO with Nero, but then burned a different DVD ISO with .116 with no problems. I have no idea why that one ISO won't burn with cdburnerxp.

The drive is a Sony DRU500A on an XPSP2 system, if it matters.

Overall I'm quite pleased with cdburnerxp so far, BTW. I found it a while back while looking for something to convert .bin/.cue files to .iso.

The error was:

CDBurnerXP Pro 3 - Critical

Writing Error: (3) Error closing DVD-R RZone

Invalid command field (1022).

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 5 ASC: 24 ASCQ: 0

Tried burning debian (sarge) DVD ISO with CDBurnerXP Pro, didn't work either.

Did a screenshot of the results. Look at the timestamps! The ISO is, according to Windows, "4,36 GB (4.684.480.512 Bytes)" in size. I MD5SUMed it, the ISO is fine.

I downloaded the ISO's contents with jigdo which afterwards (actually in the process) assembled the ISO from them.

Anything on this from the authors?

Yep. Currently this is a known issue and a problem with our burning library (limited to 4,2GB images). We are waiting for a fix.

Is it limited to ISOs or to copying DVDs with more than 4.2GB as well?

If it's only ISOs (i.e. single files >4.2GB) this could be worked-around by mounting the ISO to a virtual drive (e.g. with Daemon Tools) and making an on the fly copy from there.

I'll try this if by any chance I can get CDBXP to work with my DVD+RWs, but I'm not willing to coasterize yet another medium, it's starting to get too expensive for me. *grumbles* So if anyone else wants to give this a try, please report back in ASAP to let us know if this works!

[... ]this could be worked-around by mounting the ISO to a virtual drive (e.g. with Daemon Tools) and making an on the fly copy from there.

What I didn't think about was the fact that this can't work due to the fact that disc copying isn't implemented yet.

Well, guess we'll have to wait then...

Guest Tad

Only to ISOs as far as I know.

Single files can not be > 4.2 using either 3.0.113 or 3.0.116. Sure hope a 3.0.117 corrects this.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.