Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tripl3 D

[X] Error copying audio cd

Guest Tripl3 D

When i want to copy an audio cd, after copying the tracks from the original cd, the burning proces starts, but after only a few seconds I get this error message:

ErrormessageCDBurnerXP.jpg

Which translates into English as followed:

Error during burning

There has been an error during the burning of the disc.

Probably (or: most likely) the disc is not useable. This error often appears when the disc has poor quality or the burner is not compatible with the disc.

After clicking on 'close' the entire program shuts down.

I have used 3 discs and they are now worthless! I used this type of discs before on the same computer, with te same burner and with CD Burner XP, but only for making data-discs or making complete new audio discs converting mp3's. This is the first time I am copying audio discs with CD Burner XP. These discs are 'normal' TDK CD-R80 700MB cd recordable discs which can handle up to 52x speed writing (and I am writing with 4x speed, so that shouldn't be any problem!)

I don't understand what's going wrong! Can somebody please help me?

Guest ack

Same problem here when copying an audio CD - XP Home SP3, CDBurner Version 4.2.7.1801

xp home sp3 and latest cdburnerxp downloaded last week,

The problem I get is that it copies audio cds ok but when I go to copy a second cd the whole program wants to re-install itself, I do this, copy a second ok but the same thing happens when I go to copy a third, any one else have this problem. ( previous version copied audio disks without any problems)

Guest guest

12:33:43 PM Burning process started.

12:35:24 PM Error occured: Internal SDK error:

CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed

Valid = yes, CDB Size = 10, Sense Size = 32

CDB: 2A 00 FF FF D2 8E 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Sense 00: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00

Sense 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Transport status = 0, Target Status = 2, HostAdapter Status = 0

Has anyone fixed this yet?! I guess I should uninstall the newer version.

Guest bobbyfiend

I have the same error (or very similar) as the original poster. However, I notice that windows media player also generates errors when burning audio CDs. I suspect, therefore, that the problem is at a level of organization "higher" than the CDBurnerXP application. Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

Same problem here when copying an audio CD - XP Home SP3, CDBurner Version 4.2.7.1801

Me too. :(

same problem with latest version 4.2.7.1849

well, this software has become crap ... and the author

seemingly doesnt even try to correct this rather old problem,

no mention of this significant error in the list of known issues either.

Are you trying to fool us?

Guest lukas00005

I have exactly the same problem. Managed to solve it to someone? It seems that it has a problem with a lot of people.

The following message appears to me almost always when burning AudioCD. (The medium is then discarded :( )

Burning was launched 20:44:45

20:44:45 Burning tracks 1

20:45:27 Burning feet 2

20:45:54 Burning feet 3

20:46:31 Burning feet 4

20:47:02 Burning feet 5

20:47:30 Burning feet 6

20:48:10 Burning feet 7

20:48:38 Burning feet 8

20:49:08 Burning feet 9

20:49:36 Burning trail 10

20:50:03 Burning foot 11

20:50:43 An error occurred: Internal SDK error:

CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed

Valid = yes, CDB Size = 10, Sense Size = 32

CDB: 2A 00 00 03 AB 1C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Sense 00: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00

Sense 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Transport status = 0, Target Status = 2, HostAdapter Status = 0

Lukas :firefox:

We'll have it this way: For the next version of CDBurnerXP (that is, later than 1893) there will be a working debug log. Once it's released, follow the steps below.

1. Go to the settings and "enable logging".

2. Restart CDBurnerXP and perform the steps that are necessary to make the error occur (and only these).

3. Send me or attach the file "%appdata%\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP\StarBurn.log".

If anyone succeeds in doing that, I'll send the log to RocketDivision and let them take care of it.

Please also provide some additional information, just in case, like your operating system and the medium you used.

Guest schwede

I am facing the same issue ... it does not help to reduce the burning speed ... after enabling logging the writing process stops again at a certain point but does not show the error message anymore.

Guest Terje_Styve

Error: Internal SDK error: CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed  Valid = yes, CDB Size = 10, Sense Size = 32 CDB: 2A 00 00 05 A5 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  Sense 00: 71 00 03 00 05 A2 10 0E 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00  Sense 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 58 2B 03 00 5B 2B 03 00  Transport status = 0, Target Status = 2, HostAdapter Status = 0

My solution that worked:

- Turned off Antivirus program

- Turned down the burningspeed to the slowest.

Don't know if this works in higher speeds since I haven't tried that. But seems that the antivirus program are in conflict with CDBurnerXP.

I tried the above mentioned solution. Twice. It was no help at all. Even after simulating a burn this program appears to be incapable of actually burning any kind of Music CD. I tried to burn numerous times using numerous settings and burning speeds. It just doesn't work.

Burning Error Occured.

An error occured while burning the disc. Most likely the disc is not usable.

etc.

(The error message listed has a spelling error. "Occured" should be "Occurred".)

In addition to the CD problem, the problem is also unable to burn a music DVD-R. It is able to detect one inserted and gives remaining space, but when it comes down to it I can't burn a DVD-R either.

My solution that worked:

- Turned off Antivirus program

- Turned down the burningspeed to the slowest.

Don't know if this works in higher speeds since I haven't tried that. But seems that the antivirus program are in conflict with CDBurnerXP.

Antivirus programs are irrelevant. I don't let an antivirus anywhere near my machine. Those monsters use up too much system resources and delight in deleting files without prompting me when heuristics read false positives. I also don't use a firewall. I also tried each and every burning speed. This program simply does not work. I have my doubts that it is even capable of burning an audio CD to begin with.

i had the same problem,found out my burner doesnt accept the spaces between songs,clicked no spaces and the same cd burns fine at any speed!! hope this helps

burner LG GSA-H22N

Guest Guest

Tried burning normally, wasted a cd

Tried burning @ 16x, wasted another cd

Saw most recent post about simulating first, tried that...same error (as above)

Noticed it stopped on track 3 (same as the two before simulation) and removed the culprit track

Also had noted that when I right-click the .mp3 file and go to properties, most of them (ones I had downloaded)

are marked as "Blocked" at the bottom of the Properties Dialog Box. Unblocked them.

Third time was a charm, the CD burned fine. Not sure if it was the one track or unblocking but one of these

fixed it (probably the unblocking, because the first two were from My Music).

Hope this helps some people at least.

PC: HP Pavilion

Opt. Drive: HP dvd640 (HP DVD Writer 640b)

Medium: Memorex CD-R 52x

Application Vers.: 4.3.9.2809

Yes, in theses issues you can mostly expect protected media files, or a codec defect. Does make sense, blocked files will not burn properly because CDBurnerXp will not allow the burn of pretected files & Media