Sign in to follow this  
JazzDreams

Complete Newbee With DVD Questions

Hello Everyone-

I'm sorry to say that I am so unfamiliar with all of this, that I simply need to ask.

I have an older portable DVD player. It says it only supports 'DVDvideo' discs which I take to mean commercially produced video discs.

I am trying to burn some instructional videos that I download from YouTube using DVDVideosoft onto a readable DVD-R for use on this player

How can I convert the format (MP4)  (or it it even possible) to the proper output format and burn to a DVD-R disc in a readable form?

What other program could I use? (I am familiar with DVDFlick - a little)

Thanks for reading such a rudimentary question.  I realize this may not be possible.

Here's some additional info:

The player is a very inexpensive Chinese made DVD Player ('Coby' is the brand name.) Its documentation says it accepts ONLY "DVD Video" discs. (The logo has 'DVD' above the shape of a disc with the word "Video" on it.) It lists several suffixes with maximum playing times from SS-SL 133 min. to DS-DL 484 min. I am using Memorex DVD-R 16x 4.7 G discs. The inexpensive player just says "Wrong Disc" Interestingly after using DVDVideosoft "Convert video to DVD" and then burning the resulting file to DVD using CDBurnerXP the disc will also not play from my laptops DVD drive either. Clearly I am making an error -does anyone know what? Thanks!

Edit to Add: I may have found the answer: I may have placed the wrong file (the folder not the "Video_TS" file in the app to burn. Trying to do things correctly again and will report results back. Thanks for reading!

Second Edit: Using the Video_TS File created a DVD which now plays on my Laptop in Windows Media Player. (Although I have to work out how to create a menu and Titles for the DVD, I can still see its contents sufficiently to use it.

But I still cannot play it on the cheap DVD Player. Can someone advise on that?

Hard to tell what the problem is with your DVD player. I assume DVD high compatibility mode has been used (in case the video is rather small)? Other than that, burning speed sometimes matters (try using lower speeds).

Thank you - I have Emailed Tech Support for the maker of the player to ask about compatibility. I'll also spend some time with CDburner to see where the 'high compatibility mode' can be selected and specify burning speeds. (I have allowed them to set automatically.)