Sign in to follow this  
Guest matze

ripping audio-cds is not possible!

Guest matze

hi there!

i've just downloaded the latest cd burner xp pro software. i wanted to rip an audio cd, but this didn't work :( . i can choose the current drive, which is a matshita dvd-ram uj-820s but i can't choose the audio options nor any other settings/options in the audio grabber programme. when i insert an audio cd following messages show up in the events-bar:

initializing cd-drivers

switch to matshita dvd-ram uj-820s

refresh cd

audio format set to: pcm 44.100 khz; 16bit; stereo.

and at the bottom on the left side the message ..unrecognized.. shows up.

the drive i'm using is listed in the tested-drive section of the homepage, so it should be supported by cd burner xp pro. i've also burnt audio and data cd's which worked fantastic. can anybody help me or give me any suggestions. thanks!!

Did you try different audio-CDs?

yes i've tried all sorts of different audio-cds. newer audio-cds, older cds (not copyprotected ones) and self recorded audio cds. but it just didn't work!!

Hm, maybe this is a problem we can not fix. Do other rip-programs work for you?

Hey why don't you get off your lazy ass and actually TRY to figure out what the problem is instead of just saying "We can't fix that."

You helped make the program, you can disassemble it.

Get someone technically knowledgeable to help you instead of just passing him along.

Hey why don't you get off your lazy ass and actually TRY to figure out what the problem is instead of just saying "We can't fix that."

You helped make the program, you can disassemble it.

Nope. We did not create the rip-library on our own, and since we don't have too much $$$ we can't buy its sourcecode. Thus we can't fiy problems with that library.

Guest matze

well i haven't tried other rip-programs. but i deinstalled version 3.0.116 and installed the latest stable version 2.2.9 and ohhh wonder i was able to rip audio cds!!!!

so there must be some kind of problem in the latest version which didn't occur in version 2.2.9. will you be able to fix that in the next version??

thanks for taking time!!