Sign in to follow this  
tgdfano1

CDBurnerXP 4.0.0.7 hangs and no compliation can be made

I installed CDBurnerXP 4.0.0.7 after uninstall the old version 4.0.0.4. To install I used the following options:

- Install for all users

- Language English(US)

- Help File

- provide CD/DVD access for any user under NT/XP/2000 ...

After the reboot I started the application.

Following error occurred : CDBurnerXP 4.0.0.7 hangs. There is no option window shown like "Select project type ..." and the "New" button isn't active. I wasn't able to create any compilation. I could only close the application by using the Task Manager.

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2 (patchlevel August 2007).

Thanks,

Norbert Fahrni

Hi Flo,

Sorry for my late reply. I think I found the reason for this error now.

I uninstalled the old version, deleted the folder %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\\CDBurnerXP_Soft, made a cleanup of the registry with jv16 power tools and rebooted the system.

Now, I had a ‘clean’ system to install 4.0.0007.0 using the same setup settings. After the reboot CDBurnerXP worked fine.

Then I changed the ‘Misc Settings’ option: ‘Show splash screen on start’ = unchecked. I closed CDBurnerXP and on the next start it hangs. Then I changed the ‘Misc Settings’ option: ‘Show splash screen on start’ = checked, closed CDBurnerXP and on the next start it worked fine again. The reason of this error has to be related to this setting. I hope you can fix it in the next version.

Best regards,

Norbert

I already know about this bug, and yes, it's fixed for the next version :-)

Possibly the splash screen will be removed alltogether, don't know about that yet.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.