cseverns

"Different Disc Required"

CDBurnerXP has worked for me for YEARS.  Now, when I go to back up a DVD it tells me that "The following type of disc is required".  It tells me that the required type is "DVD - Writable Disc - 8.72 GB free (Blu-Ray)".   I am trying to use type "DVD-R - Writable (DVD_R) - 4.37 GB".  This is the blank disc that I have always used, and now it wont work.  I am NOT trying to back up Blu-Ray discs.  These are just standard discs, and it no longer works.  Furthermore, when I open up an OLDER file that I successfully back up in years past, and try to back it up as well, THAT doesn't work either.  SO, a movie that worked before, that was saved on my PC, using the same software, now no longer works either.  There has to be a setting that I am overlooking or something.  Can someone help?