Sign in to follow this  
michelangelo777

I find and have fix a bug, multiple files rar[error name] burn on more dvd split

hi, by default cdburnerxp have the file system  for dvd data mode,  the  "ISO /joilet"  . it have a little bug. Sometime when split a videogame whit winrar ,we have multiple files whit name     "namefile.part1" ... part2 part3 .... prat99  .  when put 4,6 gb file from a number to anoter , (part01 to part??) ,   the write go ok for all dvd, but from the second , all have the same name of the files dvd1.

disk1 = name.part1 name.part2...  name.part20

disk2=name.part21 name.part22..  name.part41

disk3=name.part42 name.part43..  name.part61

but from the disk 2 all have name.part1 ... name.part20   disk2,disk3 have the same files rename on the disk1 name's  SOMETIME .only whit some games, other games the bug dosen't exist

I find a simple solution:

by default cdburnerxp have the file system  for dvd data mode,  the  "ISO /joilet". change it whit   UDF 1.02 for all dvd

This might happen if file names get too long, UDF would be a better choice for this case. It's not the default setting though since there have been compatibility issues with UDF.

No @floele it isen't this the bug. I have try a small name for the .rar part1 part2 ... part? And the bug return. Is the same result. Sometime, whit change the files data on the rar , all go ok , all files name go ok on all dvd whit iso/joilet. But whit UDF 1.02 all work ok on all time... it is a bug of the iso/joilet and depend from the files stored on the .rar , I think

On the joilet dvd bugged , if the files name is wrong, on win7 and win10(from 3 pc) ,turn off/on or restart the pc dosen't change, BUT if disable dvd from system and re enable the dvd , it show the correct name.