Sign in to follow this  
brecky

Burning speed much slower with v4

I had version 3 but it disappeared, so I downloaded & paid for version 4 a couple days ago & the burning speed is a LOT slower than it was with version 3. I mostly burn data CD's with MP3 files. Is there a setting I've missed? :?

oops...... It was Replay v4 that I paid for. It's CDBurner that I asking about, it's also version 4. So can anyone tell me why the burn speed is so slow?

Ok, then you bought a different software, which was suggested to you :D (hopefully in a clear manner)

@judas_iscariote: Hm, don't think OC offers that.

@brecky: Do you burn audio discs from MP3 or do you burn data discs with MP3 files? Can you also tell me how long it takes and how much data (in MB) you are burning? If you are burning audio discs, I'd also appreciate a log file (http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18).

Hey Jude ;o)

I am burning a folder full of mp3 files created by Replay, enough to fill a CD (about 200 files, 700mb), but then I always did this with the older version & the burn was quick, like less than 2 mins, incl verify. Now the newer version takes more than 5 mins. I don't have a folder full of files to burn at the moment so can't test it again to give you more info, or to send you a log file. Will do that the next time I burn? Meanwhile, can you tell me what my setting should look like in case I don't have them quite right?

OK, so you are burning a data disc. In this case, you'll need to live with it a while longer. A new version of CDBurnerXP which might be able to improve the burning speed will be available in a few months.

Guest brecky3@yahoo.com

I just burned another data disc. It burned at 48x speed & total time to burn & verify was 18.49 minutes which is a lot. I think I will look for something faster. Why didn't you leave the old version alone? It was working fine :(

CDBXP V.4 works fine to me

Burn Speed: <8x/>

Total Medium Size: <658.6Megabytes/>

Total Data Size: <619.9Megabytes/>

Burn Ended in <00:03:47/>

This is just the information I had. Not a code, wrote it real fast

Burning speed can depend on a lot of factors. To check if it is a hardware or software issue, you should compare multiple burning applications in regard to the speed. If they are all slow, you need to look into your HW configuration.