Burning audio CD via command line - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hello

I'm trying to access music from audio CDs which I ripped over two decades ago when I last used a PC. The tracks are in WMA format and some are protected thanks to Windows Media Player's behaviour. 

I tried using the GUI version but it predictably warns about DRM, so I was hoping that I could use the command line. But when I try I get the above-mentioned error.

Is this due to DRM protection as well or did I make a mistake in typing the command? I used

cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-audio -device:0 -folder[\]:"D:\source folder"

Thanks in advance 

Philip

• 3 weeks later...

The command line version won't be able to do it if the GUI can't. I suppose a lack of error handling leads to this issue.

I would recommend converting the files to a different format with a suitable application.

• 2 weeks later...