Sign in to follow this  
Guest fraydnerv

New to burning.....don't know what I've done wrong

Guest fraydnerv

Hi

First time burning a cd. I successfully burned some data files onto a cdrw. I went back at a later time and successfully added another file. Now when I put the cd in, nothing sees that last file, but if I try to burn it again, it says there is already a file with that name on the cd. Don't know what I did. Also, with this program, version 3.0.109, I cannot figure out how to make the program itself show me what is burned already on the cd. I guess I just don't understand the fine points of doing this, I thought it would be pretty basic Can anyone help, or point me to a website or something that explains more about burning so that I can learn? For example, I have no clue what an ISO is ???? I saved what I expected to be a "picture" of what is on my cd, but it's not, it's just a record of that last file I burned. I don't know.....I'm lost.

Hi

First time burning a cd. I successfully burned some data files onto a cdrw. I went back at a later time and successfully added another file. Now when I put the cd in, nothing sees that last file, but if I try to burn it again, it says there is already a file with that name on the cd. Don't know what I did.

I think you "successfully" added that file. What do you mean by "nothing sees that file"? Can't you access it in Explorer Window? And did you have a look with ISoBuster(.com) ?

Also, with this program, version 3.0.109, I cannot figure out how to make the program itself show me what is burned already on the cd.

You can see the files if you import the last session.

I guess I just don't understand the fine points of doing this, I thought it would be pretty basic Can anyone help, or point me to a website or something that explains more about burning so that I can learn? For example, I have no clue what an ISO is ????

An ISO file is an image of a CD.

I saved what I expected to be a "picture" of what is on my cd, but it's not, it's just a record of that last file I burned. I don't know.....I'm lost.

A record of the last file you burned? What do you mean by "record"?

I think you "successfully" added that file. What do you mean by "nothing sees that file"? Can't you access it in Explorer Window? And did you have a look with ISoBuster(.com) ?

The file is not seen by windows explorer. When I open cdburnerxp with this cd in the drive, it shows me nothing at all on the cd. Cannot import a session, it will give me a list, but the "import session" button remains greyed out.

I have no idea what ISoBuster is

A record of the last file you burned? What do you mean by "record"?

I mean it lists that last file I burned on the cd, and nothing else

If you insert a CD, and then start CDBurnerXP pro and try to continue your previous burned CD, does CDBXPP ask you for importing files? And are you sure that you did not check "finalize" disc in burning dialog?

ISOBuster is a tool to recover data.

If you insert a CD, and then start CDBurnerXP pro and try to continue your previous burned CD, does CDBXPP ask you for importing files? And are you sure that you did not check "finalize" disc in burning dialog?

ISOBuster is a tool to recover data.

No, it does not ask me anything, I just start with an explorer-like window,with four "panes". Top two show the directory I was using on my harddrive, bottom two appear to be my cd, but has only "New Image" on left, and nothing on right until I drag a file. Have now erased the disc, I think.....CDBXPP says my cd is in "D", but it's in "E"...I think I'll just give up and get another program.

No, it does not ask me anything, I just start with an explorer-like window,with four "panes". Top two show the directory I was using on my harddrive, bottom two appear to be my cd, but has only "New Image" on left, and nothing on right until I drag a file. Have now erased the disc, I think.....CDBXPP says my cd is in "D", but it's in "E"...I think I'll just give up and get another program.

If you erased the disc and now burn data on it, you should be asked to import previous data if you did not finalize the disc. If this is not the case, there might be a bug.

And btw, if you are going to use another program, you have ca. 1 alternative...and I suggest that CDBXPP is the easiest of all 3 to use. There are also some smaller alternatives with less features.