Sign in to follow this  
tullyi

Trouble accessing disks on W2k with LG CD/RW 8080B

Nightmare trying to read old disks or create new. I upgraded to W2K and can only read pre-recorded (titled) CDs i.e. can't access the files I created in WindowsME (I know !) with EasyCD from Adaptec.

Please help. Tried updating drivers going to W2K SP4 but still prompts mte to insert CD into drive when I have a blank CD in the drive. I checked out the BIOS settings which appear to be in order.

At a loss now.

Any help greatfully appreciated!

Cheers,

Iain.

Did you install the aspi drivers for windows already?

you can additional downbload them , there not always installed.

This can solve your problems, had the same problem once.

gretings rinie

I suppose Easy-CD did not use UDF filesystem or anything else special? I can remeber that I had to install some special UDF drivers on every PC I wanted to read a CD burned with Direct-CD.

Thanks flo/Guest.

I tried the UDF but think this only appears to be for XP? Do you have a link?

Also on the ASPI drivers front do you have a link to any specifics? I did try to install but didn't make any difference.

Going round in circles on this one there's surely go to be a way - the truth is out there!

Had another look looks like LG have pushed their support on to Roxio but websites on both fronts pretty poor :(

I tried the UDF but think this only appears to be for XP?

No, UDF is intened to work with every system. The only special feature XP has, is an integrated burning feature.

Also on the ASPI drivers front do you have a link to any specifics? I did try to install but didn't make any difference.

On 2000/XP it shouldn't make a difference, since most burning programs use the internal "ASPI" there.