I I am at my wit’s end trying to copy/burn an audio CD with CDburnerXP. I have been attempting on and off to copy audio CDs for the past 3 months (!), tweaking here and there but nothing works. I need help – badly.

The situation:·    

• Running CDBurnerXP version 4.5.8.7128 – the latest version I believe – on Windows 10 Pro version 10.01.19041, build 19041

• CD/DVD burner version 4.5.8.7128 (64 bits)

• Attempting to copy audio CDs

• Copying phase appears to work – no error messages; credible time elapsed

• Program asks for insertion target CD and burning phase starts

• Program appears to become stuck in burning phase: progress bar does not budge; times > 30 minutes and still no progress.

• Attempts to abort program fail: program will not shut down.  CTRL-ALT-DEL will shut down the program window but the CD player/burner appears to remain engaged: the control light stays on and the tray will not open.

• I am forced to close down the PC to stop the program;  I can only remove the CD on which I am trying to burn by restarting the PC and immediately ejecting the CD from the player/burner.

Solutions pleeeeze!

George