Getting error message on playback of CD

I have burned a CD with only one song on it (it's for a demo). The original file is a .wav file. After using CDBurnerXP to burn to the CD, it is rendered as a .cda file. It appears to burn without error. 

However, when I attempt to play the CD on my computer's media player (foobar2000), I get this error message:
Unable to open item for playback (Disc not available):
"cdda://00023047,01"

When examined in Windows File Explorer, the CD/DVD drive does recognize the file on the disk, apparently with the correct filename (Track01.cda). 

I have successfully burned many other CDs, and no other CD has failed to play back (yes, .cda files all). Windows 10. 

I thought at first that it must be a bad disc, but several more attempts all yielded the same results.

Then I thought maybe it was because I was attempting to burn only one short file, so I added other copies of the file to the burn list. It made no difference, except to give me additional error messages, one for each file. 

Obviously, there must be something wrong with the file I am attempting to burn, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it might be. Anybody out there have any ideas?