Sign in to follow this  
shane

Crash and Burn

I'm using CDBurnerXP Pro 2.2.9 running on Windows XP Pro. I tried erasing a CDRW three times. 1st time Full erase, locked up the computer had to reboot. 2nd time I tried a Quick erase. It gave me an error message, but I didn't think to get the info. It was something about a power calibration, or setting on the power. :idea: 3rd time I tried the same as #2 to try and get the error message again, and it locked up the computer had to reboot. I'm not going for number 4 :!: . If there is a stable newer version I will upgrade, I'm not really into running betas.

Shane :o

Well, I suggest to try the beta. If you don't want to, then there is no need for this topic in bug-forum since we are really not interested in bugs from old versions ;)

Ok, good point. I was already busy downloading, and installing the latest version. 3.0.116 running Windows XPPro. I tried once again to erase a CDRW - Memorex 700MB 1x-4x disk, and had a complete lock up. Any ideas? I'm going to try a different CDRW. It doesn't seem to like this one.

SEEMS TO BE THE MEDIA. I don't know if it is Memorex, but I just successfully erased a HP CD-RW High speed 4x-12x. Maybe the speed, may be the media.

Shane

Well, if no other burning program is able to erase those memorex-CDs, then the CDs are of course the problem. If it's only CDBXPP which has problems with that kind of discs, then I can only reommend you not to use them, maybe this will be fixed sometime though.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.