Sign in to follow this  
KyroMaster

Fatal Bug, folders added are empty [solved]

Using the latest version of cdburnerxp, when I add a folder, either by draggign it into the cd area or by selecting it and using "add", the folder is added to the cd but it remains empty.

Unfortunately this makes me unable to use cdburnerxp until is is fixed :(

Cool :)

If you already know the reason (as I think from your answer) when is the enxt version released, or yould you release a hotfix, since this occurs on 2 different computers and I need cdburnerxp very much?

No, we don't know the reason ;)

I suggest that it is fixed in next version, because it will be completly rewritten in VB.NET.

I am not yet a developer, but I don't like that question because it has been asked many times by now ;)

Expected Release Date of first (non public) beta ver. 3.5: End of 2004/January 2005

(don't worry,I am not angry at you :) )

Guest DM

This probably won't do you any good, but until recently I had the same problem,now however it seems to have mysteriously fixed its self. :?

Guest DM

:wink2: All you need to do is register your scrrun.dll with:

Regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrrun.dll"

in run.

But you'll need Version 5.6.0.6626 of the DLL, Version 5.9.9.3715 won't work! I don't know which MS-Update updates the Version, but I have both of them on two PCs...

By the way: To the programmers: Why do you need a scripting dll to add files to a list?

Ciao,

Panic

By the way: To the programmers: Why do you need a scripting dll to add files to a list?

We used a filesystemobject in there somewhere which depends on the scr.dll. This would explain the problems(since it was used in a check for empty folders) you and some other had with just a folder added and no files. Oh well im happy to know what caused this in any case it wont appear in the next version for sure though :)

:wink2: All you need to do is register your scrrun.dll with:

Regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrrun.dll"

in run.

I was having the same problem in windows 2000. I downloaded the scrrun.zip file from the post above and extracted it to C:\Winnt\System32\scrrun.dll . I then registered it by typing in the command prompt... regsvr32 "C:\Winnt\System32\scrrun.dll" Now everything works like a charm.

Hi.

First off , I am running Win98 SE , Free version CDBurnerXP Pro version # 3.0.116

Like the other people in this post I also had a problem with empty folders.

Giving another method of curing the problem which at worked for me.

I found in reading what the srrun.dll was that what other problems people had with it .

I ran arcross a simple method . If the dll is present but it is the wrong version, then all I did was download the new srrun.dll that is stated in the above post , change the name of the old dll and import the new one, into the folder.

This cured my empty folder problem for me. I can not gurantee that it will work for anyone else . Also with Win98 the dll is located in the C:\windows\system folder not the system32 folder.

Just wanted to post this piece of advice.

Hi.

First off , I am running Win98 SE , Free version CDBurnerXP Pro version # 3.0.116

Like the other people in this post I also had a problem with empty folders.

Giving another method of curing the problem which at worked for me.

I found in reading what the srrun.dll was that what other problems people had with it .

I ran arcross a simple method . If the dll is present but it is the wrong version, then all I did was download the new srrun.dll that is stated in the above post , change the name of the old dll and import the new one, into the folder.

This cured my empty folder problem for me. I can not gurantee that it will work for anyone else . Also with Win98 the dll is located in the C:\windows\system folder not the system32 folder.

Just wanted to post this piece of advice.

I would like to add one more thing,

I found that you need to have the Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 (Windows 9x, Me, NT4) also loaded. Otherwise you get errors and it also does not report the proprer size of disks. So if you are having this problem either load in the Script from you Win98 disk or down load it from Microsoft.

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 98

just confirming version on 98se scrrun.dll is 5.6.0.8825 after 5.6 jscript update and was 5.0.0.3715 before (the win update did not pick this up). reboot all ok.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.