Sign in to follow this  
Guest Keith

Roxio DirectCD-equivalent feature

Guest Keith

I'd love it if CDBurnerXP had a second way of burning cds... First you format the CD with CDBurnerXP, then CDBurnerXP runs in the background, and when you choose to save a file from any program (Such as choosing the CD-ROM drive as the save location in Microsoft Word), CDBurnerXP takes over and writes the file to the CD in the background. In other words, you can use the CD like a floppy and write directly on it from any program without opening CDBurnerXP. Roxio has this feature, it's called DirectCD (or it might be Drag-to-Disc now).

I hope that packet-writing is NEVER supported. :!:

Packet-writing is one of the worst things to add to a project like this as the Windows OS is not structured properly to handle it, thats why there have always been problems caused by packet-writing apps.

If it is ever added, please make it an optional feature that can be left out of an install...otherwise it would kill the quality of a superb freeware app.

DirectCD

It's called packet writing, and it's basically unstable and half worthless. If there were a standard for packet writing that *everyone* followed, it might be worth pursuing. Until then, I hope it never finds it's way into CDBXPP.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.