Sign in to follow this  
mitexa

overburning error

Hello to everybody, my problem is this:

I’m not able to overburn! I was trying to record an avi file of 703MB and CDBurnerXP always wrote but then, when arrived at 100% it said that an error occurred.

I throw 7 cd, and I tought it was my pc problem, but then I’ve tried to burn a cd with less than 700MB and the process arrived to the end with no problem! So I think it is just a problem of overburning.

I’ve tried to open those bad-burned cds with Nero, and in the option “cd info” it says that the cds have an open section of 703MB, that is exactly the big of the file that I was trying to record! But if I try to open those cd with the cd (the computer cd) it says that it is impossible to open the drive, or to insert a cd in the drive!…

Do you know how to solve it?

I have win2k (SP4), and my cd burner is Matshita UJDA340, 8x4x24x, and I’m using CDBurnerXP Pro 3, version 3.0.116.

I hope to receive an answer! Thank you to all.

It might be that the current burning library has some problems with overburning. I will check that for next version, and if it turns out as still not supported, I will remove that feature from feature list so to speak.

Guest Glacier

Hello to everybody,

Yesterday I burned an avi file bigger than 700 Mb (766 Mb) on a 800 Mb cd.

At the start the software shows the message: "the media is not big enough".

But the burning was OK.

CDBurnerXP Pro is fantastic!

Thank's :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.