What do I need to burn cds?

Hello.

I am somewhat familiar with the general burning process, but in the past, the computers i used had internal dvd drives. However, now I have a laptop which of course has no dvd drive. 

I assume I'll need an external dvd drive. But what kind should I get, a cd or dvd drive/burner? Is there a certain brand to look for? Can I just pick one up from a thriftstore/secondhand?

I'm looking to make an audio CD. Mainly as a compilation of music for my friends to listen to(maybe a dvd to have a mix of audio and images??)

My laptop is windows 10 and has windows media player installed. It has two usb 3 ports and one usb 2, along with an hdmi port.

Hi!

You can get external DVD writers online from your favourite store. In my country, they cost around $25. I would suggest getting USB type C, as the drives with USB type A are slower, besides the convenience of this form factor. Of course, your laptop must have a type C port. I would highly recommend Iomega if you can get it, otherwise drives by HP are surprisingly good. 

I speak from experience as I regularly service old computers that cannot boot from USB drives (because windows XP installer media, they still exist lmao).  

On 9/4/2022 at 8:41 PM, vinkho said:

Hi!

You can get external DVD writers online from your favourite store. In my country, they cost around $25. I would suggest getting USB type C, as the drives with USB type A are slower, besides the convenience of this form factor. Of course, your laptop must have a type C port. I would highly recommend Iomega if you can get it, otherwise drives by HP are surprisingly good. 

I speak from experience as I regularly service old computers that cannot boot from USB drives (because windows XP installer media, they still exist lmao).  

I have tired it Lomega eGO USB 2.0 for old machine