Sign in to follow this  
Breizh_Punisher

Audio CD

When I try to burn an audio CD, the size of my CD-RW is not well recognized. The remaining Size indicated is 807,16MB, but my CD is only 700MB :o.

Just to have fun, I 've added MP3 files for more than 700MB (according to CDBurner). The burning finished well.

The CD works very well in my PC,Ii'll try it in my car tomorrow.

My Conf :

WinXP Pro

Burner DVD Pioneer A07

CDBurner Version 116

Erm, are you sure, that you only inserted a 700MB CD? If burning of 800MB was sucessful, and you can play all tracks in your PC, it should have been a 800MB CD, otherwise burning should have failed (usually CDBXPP has problems burning 800MB on 800MB CDs, and thus it would be very surprising if it has no problems burning 800MB on 700MB-CD).

I use 700MB Sony CD-RW 10x

the Audio CD duration is correct (see attached file), but the estimated size is more than the disc capacity.

The same disc in data disc mode is recognized as a 703MB disc.

It's very strange...

When I try to burn an audio CD, the size of my CD-RW is not well recognized. The remaining Size indicated is 807,16MB, but my CD is only 700MB :o.

It's no magic really :) A data block is 2048 bytes then there is error correction for each block, in audio you are not using the error correction thus you have 2352bytes per block. To cut it short ~703MB data storage yields ~807MB of audio storage. [703*2352/2048) is approx 807] So this is perfectly normal :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.