Sign in to follow this  
Ivan

[closed] Exact copy

In the next version in the main screen thing how there is audio cd rip audio and that it would be cool if there was an 'exact copy' choice because i still dont know how to do an exact copy and it would be way easier to just put the cd you want to make a copy of get the information off that then get a blank cd and copy it i have used other cd burning programmes and many have this feature but i like your product the best it would be perfect if it uncludded this

Just a thought, thanks

I don't see what the problem is. Select RIP CD,insert your cd, save it to a file on your hard drive and select AUDIO DISK insert blank and then write it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan

I don't see what the problem is. Select RIP CD,insert your cd, save it to a file on your hard drive and select AUDIO DISK insert blank and then write it.

id="quote">

id="quote">

No, just copiing the files is no way to make an exact copy of a CD.

*going through old topics*

I think an exact copy feature will never be added, for example because of copy-right issues. The only thing you will be able to do (or you already can) is to drag and drop all audio files directly from CD to your new compilation.

I can see your point about copy-right issues. However I use this to make backup copies of bootable Linux, and XP CD's. The CD's are not used for ilegal purposes just to help my support staff. There are other programs I can use to create exact copies but I do not like using them. I find This program to be more user friendly and much cleaner than either Roxio or Nero. Just my 2 cents take it for what it's worth. If I had the exact copy option I would use this on my corporate users computers and make a donation for each copy I use. I know there are other ways to get a copy but most of the copies they make are our product cd's to send to customers and they have enough trouble just remembering what button to click. I made a donation so I could get access to the beta but it may not have cleared yet. I am not a big paypal fan but I setup a new accout just so I could donate to this project.

Thanks for the great program and keep up the good work.

Well, it is not that there is _no_ copy feature, just that this copy feature does not bypass copy-protection and thus there won't be a 1:1 copy in most cases. For usual data discs however, the discs should be identical.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.